To the meeting of the unusual!
If the mountain abounds in extraordinary landscapes, Val Thorens and its 2300m of altitude have not finished surprising you. It is in the heart of a mineral nature crossed by numerous rivers that you will be able to explore life in the open air against a backdrop of eternal snow and immensity.
Find yourself in a privileged natural setting to fill up with adventures.
Perched in the heights, in the midst of long ski slopes that have given way to lush green paths, enjoy your flat Montagnettes designed to combine living together with independence. As soon as you arrive, take a deep breath and let yourself be won over by this natural paradise where life is good.
You will be the lucky observer of the many species that live around and are particularly active in summer: marmots, foxes, deer, rabbits and even an endemic species of newts on Lake Montaulever.
The younger ones will be inexhaustible on their discoveries and will enjoy telling and drawing their adventures for a long time to come.
Observe, listen, feel, each walk is an invitation to connect with nature and this preserved universe.
The Tourist Office, the Guides Office and our partners have concocted a colourful programme to quench your thirst for sensations or open you up to new experiences.
Young and old, sporty and fans of effortless walks, everything has been thought of to entertain you according to your desires and your level.
Directly on the resort or from it, you will have the opportunity to discover a myriad of landscapes and original activities: hiking or mountain biking, high altitude diving, white water sports, zip line, adventure park, yoga on the heights, archery, tennis,
paragliding, climbing, etc...
- The descent to the Lac du Lou by hiking from Val Thorens and diving into its turquoise waters to observe its ecosystem. Freshness guaranteed in this invigorating and pure water!
- The exhilaration of the heights by paragliding, Val Thorens and the valley seen from the sky. Take off with an instructor and let yourself be carried away by the feeling of lightness. You will discover this paradisiacal environment from a new angle.
- Pose and recharge your batteries in front of a unique panorama. Many of us have already practiced and discovered the benefits of yoga indoors or outdoors. In the mountains, the practice is all the more unusual. Many incredible spots will allow you to access new sensations. Perched on a mountainside, facing the summits, at the foot of a lake (Lac Blanc, Lac de Tête Ronde, Lac de Moutière), you will be able to change environment every day and fill yourself with well-being.
Boarding for fun! Val Thorens, Les Ménuires and Saint-Martin de Belleville join forces for a high-flying programme.
Shows, sporting events, nothing has been left to chance to ensure that couples, families and friends have an excellent holiday. Our teams of enthusiasts await you to share with you all the treasures of the French Alps in summer.
Choosing Val Thorens for holidays means offering several destinations in one and as many extraordinary settings and activities to discover in the mountains around new themes.
Don't miss: the sixth edition of the VT Summit Games in August, which each year brings together fans of racing, fun and sharing around 6 authentic mountain experiences:
- The Crazy Cross - a fun obstacle course for 14 year olds and older trail enthusiasts;
- The Speed 3200 - better known as the vertical kilometre - a 1000m ascent in a unique setting with the highest point being Grand Fond at 3003m altitude
- The Trail Pursuit and its two courses of your choice of 16km and 42km in the heights.
- The Trail Kids for young athletes from 12 to 17 years old.
- The Family Fun Walk, open to all, is a 6km walk with 12 new animation points to guarantee fun and laughter.
Epicureanism without moderation
Whoever thinks of Savoie immediately thinks of its generous and flavourful cuisine. It is certain that the country has no reason to be ashamed of its terroir, which is home to many small producers who are passionate about their know-how. Let yourself be tempted by some nice dishes to take away (to be discovered on the "guide" module of the Instagram page Montagnettes) or make your own with local products.
Go and meet the small shopkeepers who will be able to guide you towards local specialities.
Some of the valley's leading restaurants have not hesitated to share their secrets on the networks to help you discover the riches of this extraordinary area.
After all the efforts of the day, it will be all the more pleasant to sit down and enjoy tasty dishes that invite conviviality and sharing and prolong together privileged moments, out of time.