Published on 15 March 2022
Present in 4 high altitude resorts, Val Thorens, Les Menuires, La Plagne and Tignes, the groupe Montagnettes inspires you for the must-see cycling events of the summer 2022!
Here is the agenda of activities in our resorts and surroundings for amateurs or experienced skiers!
Cycling agenda in Val Thorens
From 1st to 3rd July 2022: 2nd edition of the Ultra Cycling Tour de la Vanoise
The Ultra Cycling Tour de la Vanoise is back for a second time with many new features! The event is now organised over 3 days, with 6 different events on which the cyclists will surpass themselves, including distances between 32 and 750km. The routes take in the most beautiful passes of the Alps and the Bikepacking route will even take you beyond the French borders, into Switzerland and Italy.
Here are the proposed routes:
- La montée des Belleville: 32KM - 1950m of D+ arrival at Val Thorens, the highest resort in Europe
- Cyclo: 70KM - 2010m of D+ with 32KM of climbing arrival at Val Thorens
- Granfondo: 120KM - 3800m of D+ in the heart of the 3 Valleys domain
- Ultrafondo: 315KM - 8,000 of D+ 5 climbs to be completed within 32 hours
- Bikepacking: 400KM - 10,000m of D+ 6 passes to be completed within a maximum of 27 hours
- Bikepacking: 750KM - 18,500m of D+ across 3 countries
Cycling agenda in Tignes
From 29 to 31 July 2022: 2nd edition of the Tignes Val-d'Isère E-bike Festival
Loops for all levels and discovery of new bike models for cycling and mountain bike fans.
Here is what the festival offers:
- E-bike Test : Blue, red, green, black, etc...
- Rando Gourmande : 17km course in Val d'Isère or Tignes, intermediate level
- Discovery course : 2h to 5h loops, several levels
- Bosch E-MTB Challenge by Trek : 35KM - 1000m D+
- E-tour de Haute Tarentaise : 160KM - 6000m D+ - E-tour de Haute Tarentaise : 160KM - 6000m D+
Agenda in the vicinity
June 4, 2022: 1st edition of the Maurienne Gravel Experience
With this sporty race, take part in a first experience between road and mountain by taking height, up to 2300m of altitude. Discover two routes for even more fun, to surpass yourself and to discover the region:
- Blue course: 35KM - 1487m of D+
- Red course: 67KM - 2627m of D+
And for those who have the courage, the event continues on June 5th for the Cyclosportive Galibier Challenge with two courses again:
- Timed climb 110KM - 3350m of D+
- Cyclosportive 110KM - 3350 of D+
From 24 to 26 June 2022 : The Maurienne Trilogy - Tour en Maurienne (Hermillon)
Route on the most beautiful Savoyard roads with breathtaking views of the Alps. Races over 1, 2 or 3 days, for experienced cyclists and passing through the greatest Alpine passes.
Several routes over several days:
- Friday 24th June : La Montée de la Madeleine 70KM - 2350m of D+
- Saturday 25th June : La Montée du Galibier 105KM - 2500m of D+
- Sunday 26th June : 3 different courses
Parcours du Mollard : 65KM - 2400m of D+
Parcours de L'Arvan : 105KM - 3650m of D+
Parcours de L'Arvan Villard : 130KM - 4450 of D+
July 16, 2022: The Tour du Mont-Blanc Cyclo
Starting and finishing in the resort of Les Saisies, with an impressive view of Mont Blanc, set off on a race with a headlamp start. Course: 338KM - 8500m of D+.
From 17 to 22 July 2022: The Transmaurienne Vanoise
The Transmaurienne Vanoise is a mountain bike race that takes place in the Haute Maurienne Vanoise area. During 6 days, you will find courses for all levels with their children's mode, hiking mode, competition mode and their brand new mode: the Ultra mode.
- Children's mode: reserved for 3-14 year olds on 3 different courses: downhill, cross-country or draisienne
- Hiking mode: à la carte, from 1 to 5 days, optionfamily or sport
- Competition mode: 5 days of racing, 5 stages and 3 courses to choose from
- Ultra mode: cross-border course of 270KM and 10,000m of D+ per team and within a time limit of 50h