Published February 15, 2023
Present in 3 high altitude resorts, Val Thorens, Les Menuires and Tignes, the groupe Montagnettes inspires you for the must-see cycling events of the summer 2023. Here is the agenda of activities in our resorts and surroundings for amateurs or experienced cyclists!
Cycling races in Val Thorens
July 7 to 9, 2023: 3rd edition of the Ultra Cycling Tour de la Vanoise
The Ultra Cycling Tour de la Vanoise is back for a third time with many new features! The event is now organized over 3 days, with 5 different events on which the cyclists will surpass themselves, including distances between 32 and 750km. The routes will take you through the most beautiful passes of the Alps and the Extreme Alpes Challenge will even take you beyond the French borders to Switzerland and Italy.
Here are the proposed routes:
- La montée des Belleville : 32KM - 1950m of D+ arrival in Val Thorens, the highest resort in Europe
- Ultra Cycling Tour de la Vanoise : 315km; 8000m of D+ and 5 climbs
- Extreme Alpes Challenge : 750 km in 3 countries (France, Switzerland and Italy) - 20.000m of D+.
- Extreme Pyrenees Challenge
- Extreme Vosges Challenge : 3 courses : 700 KM / 16 000 D+ ; 350 KM / 8 000 D+ ; 150 KM by night
Cycling races in Tignes
From 29 to 31 July 2022: 2nd edition of the Tignes Val-d'Isère E-bike Festival
Loops for all levels and discovery of new bike models for cycling and mountain bike fans.
Information for 2023 to come
Agenda in the vicinity
June 3, 2023: 2nd edition of the Maurienne Gravel Experience
By this sporting race, take part in a first experience between road and mountain by taking height, to 2300m of altitude. Discover two courses for more pleasure, to surpass yourself and to discover the region:
- Blue course: 35KM - 1487m of D+
- Red course: 67KM - 2627m of D+
And for those who have the courage, the event continues on June 5th for the Cyclosportive Galibier Challenge with two courses again:
- Timed climb 110KM - 3350m of D+
- Cyclosportive 110KM - 3350 of D+
July 15, 2023 : The Tour du Mont-Blanc Cyclo
At the departure and arrival of the resort of Les Saisies, impressive view of Mont Blanc, leave for a race at the start with the headlamp. Course: 338KM - 8500m of D+.
From 16 to 23 July 2023 : The Transmaurienne Vanoise
The Transmaurienne Vanoise is a mountain bike race that takes place in the Haute Maurienne Vanoise area. During 6 days, you will find courses for all levels with their children's mode, hiking mode, competition mode and their brand new mode: the Ultra mode.
- Children's mode: reserved for 3-14 year olds on 3 different courses: downhill, cross-country or draisienne
- Hiking mode: à la carte, from 1 to 5 days, optionfamily or sport
- Competition mode: 5 days of racing, 5 stages and 3 courses to choose from
- Ultra mode: cross-border course of 270KM and 10,000m of D+ per team and within a time limit of 50h